Getting Started With Neurofeedback: Peak Your Brain
- Quantitative EEG Brain Mapping. Data will be recorded for participants between October 13-16, before caffeine consumption (slot will be 45 minutes).
- A day of overview, theory, and practical hands-on instruction in the procedures and technology of EEG and HEG Neurofeedback.
- Follow up consult on QEEG data and first individualized protocols selected in a Skype meeting with Dr. Hill after the conference.
- Option to add on additional remote supervision of neurofeedback protocols for ongoing
- Discovery and Development of Neurofeedback: SMR, Alpha/Theta, and beyond.
- Review of QEEG Discriminant Patterns for Biohackers: What to train?
- Structuring EEG training strategies to target performance goals: What to train first?
- Adjusting neurofeedback protocols from training responses to maximize Sleep and Executive Function
- Using pirHEG for passive infrared blood flow training for use with Migraines, TBI, or brain development.
- EEG training protocols to support Creativity and Immune Function.
October 13, Toronto, Canada (venue TBA)
- Instruction on software (BioExplorer) for EEG training and pirHEG training
- Instruction on hardware: EEG electrodes, EEG amplifiers (Pocket Neurobics U-Wiz, X-Wiz, Q-Wiz) and pirHEG sensors
- Practice neurofeedback sessions in small groups. Set up 1-4 channel EEG and pirHEG sessions with support
Neurofeedback is operant conditioning of EEG or other central brain-based parameter to affect performance goals. It was discovered in the 1960s and has good research support showing use in addressing needs of ADHD, seizure, sleep issues, TBI damage, PTSD, immune function, Autism, Creativity, and Peak Performance. There are many kinds of neurofeedback, but most forms “train” the EEG amplitudes or frequency and change the brain over time, using passive audio-visual feedback in response to brain wave changes. Neurofeedback also usually makes long term changes in the brain after training for 2-3 months.
EEG neurofeedback trains brainwaves, while HEG neurofeedback trains blood flow, or vascular dynamics. Damage or insufficiency of blood flow shows up in migraines and head injury, as well as developmental issues. These symptoms as well as peak performance goals involving frontal lobe resources (including planning and humor) can benefit from HEG training.
Want to see a customer testimonial? See Biohacker Summit veteran keynote speaker and America's Top Personal Trainer, Ben Greenfield talk about the experience on the Men's Health Magazine here.