Tier sponsorship or invitation required.
Exclusive wild adventure to the north to visit the legendary Sahala Estate. This epic biohacking retreat will teach you everything you need to know about survival tactics, "Holy Smoke" smoke sauna, ice swimming, and other true and tested methods for longevity and increased performance. The Sahala Estate was occupied by Russians over the war period (1810) and was taken over by Jalkanen family at 1873. Sir Jalkanen the 4th (imagine one of the fittest 69 year olds you have ever seen, a bald white viking with 36 kg stone kettle bells in both hands sitting on a saddle ready to protect his farm from invaders) will be hosting and immersing the crew into long lost archaic Finnish biohacking techniques.
- Sunday 3 November, 11:10 - Helsinki Railway Station: Joint train to Suonenjoki (4 hours) - Meeting in front of R-Kioski (inside the Railway Station)
- Epic surprise program at Sahala Estate, Rautalampi
- Monday 4 November, return to either airport/Helsinki center return around 19:00 (option 1) or 21:00 (option 2). If you are going to airport, it is recommended to step out at Tikkurila and take the Taxi from there that takes 15 minutes to the airport). Note that it takes 30-40 minutes to the airport from the Helsinki railway station.
If you want to stay afterwards at Sahala Estate / Rautalampi / Suonenjoki, traditional lodging is available nearby if you want to stay overnight (at your own expense).
What to Expect
This trip will both test your limits and provide stress relief. Be prepared to go beyond your comfort zone. The temperature is going to be between 5 to 0 degrees celsius. There is going to be prolonged outdoor activities, so dress accordingly.
You will be grounding yourself with nature. That means, you will spend less time with modern amenities such as electricity and central heating and more with true technologies coming from the nature.
We have internet connection (fiber/wireless) in the evening. You will also have a safe place to store your luggage when you arrive, so you can take that with you.
All inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Suggested Gear List
You will be spending good ammount of time outdoors in the forest, so dress accordingly. Here are a few suggestions on the gear to bring:
- 1x Long johns (long underwear)
- 1x long sleeve shirt
- 1x Thermal/insulated gloves
- 1x Thermal/insulated beanie/hat
- 1x Warm jacket
- 1x Warm waterproof trousers
- 1x Waterproof boots (leather or hiking boots)
- 1x Swimming suit
- 1x Earplugs
- 1x Eyeshades
- 1x Wool socks
- 1x Small flashlight or headlight
- 1x Personal toiletries including toothbrush
- 1x Small towel
- 1x Rain jacket or mini umberella, in case it rains
- 1x Water bottle
- 1x Something to protect your phone from moisture
- 1x Daypack for the aformentioned
Note about outdoor gear: You are not going to Antarctica so don't go overtly crazy. Get gear that also allows you to engage in a bit of movement.
Your possible luggage will be locked away at all times during activities, so you don't have to carry them around.
You may want to consider some small snacks.
Other than previous is probably not needed.
All your other belongings should fit into a luggage/backpack that will be safely stored away.
970€ includes transportation from Helsinki and back, lodging, epic program in the wilderness and all-inclusive for breakfast, lunch and dinner.