FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Presenters include leading international figures, technologists, medical professionals, and visionaries from the fields of digital health, quantified self, life extension, and biohacking.
Participants mainly VIPs and invited speakers take part in preparing a multi-course dinner in separate kitchen teams guided by wild food chef Sami Tallberg.
Upgraded Dinner is a future food lab taking food, preparation, cooking, and eating to the next level with the latest science and kitchen chemistry. Biohacking techniques are used to preserve quality and increase absorption of ingredients such as foraged plants, wild game, and seasonal local produce.
This is an extremely unique and rare dinner that runs more like a hands-on workshop. A true learning experience in addition to incredible flavor.
These are the type of companies that usually exhibit at our events:
- Biohacking equipment & therapy devices
- Biomedical testing & biomarker analysis
- Wearables, mobile apps & digital health
- Optimal nutrition, supplements & superfoods
- Smart living & smart working
- Physical exercise & sports equipment
- Wellness & health services
More focus may be added to specific product groups depending of the theme of the event.
Our events are designed for high-impact for exhibitors in terms of the time available to browse through the exhibition, and for attendees to try out various products and services.
International audience consisting of boundary pushers, pioneers, innovators and health and wellbeing industry experts shaping the future of preventive health and optimal human performance:
- Entrepreneurs & executives
- Investors & innovators
- Technologists & early adopters
- Medical & wellness professionals
- Academics & designers
We are committed to following the guidelines set by local authorities. At the time of writing, we are not aware of any limitations.
Finland has lifted all restrictions for events. So you do not need a negative test result, vaccine passport, masks, or such to enter our event. Having said that, if you have symptoms, take a test and make sure you are healthy before you come. Some recommendations are still in place for hygiene. Read our hygiene protocol here: https://new.biohackersummit.com/2022helsinki/safety-and-hygiene-protocol/
People arriving in Finland do not need to be tested for COVID-19 if they have
- a certificate of full vaccination with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, OR
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 within the past six months, OR
- a test certificate obtained in a test taken no earlier than 72 hours before entry and showing a negative result.
People arriving in Finland must be tested for COVID-19 3-5 days after arrival if
- they have a certificate of the first dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine requiring two doses, OR
- they do not have above-mentioned certificates, but they have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before arriving in Finland.
People arriving in Finland must be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival and 3-5 days after arrival if
- they do not have any of the above-mentioned certificates.
If you are traveling to Biohacker Summit from another country, here are some details for entry that you should know about:
No travel restrictions (no test results, vaccine requirements or such) apply if you are traveling from Schengen countries including Austria, Belgium, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. In addition, the following countries have no restrictions of travel: Andorra, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Monaco, Romania, San Marino and the Vatican City State.
No restrictions (no test results, vaccine requirements or such) for travel if you travel from these countries from outside of EU: Bahrain, Colombia, Chile, Hongkong, Indonesia, Kuwait, Macao, New Zealand, Peru, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and Uruguay.
The following more strict section applies to entry in Finland from all countries not previously listed above, such as Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and Turkey.
Person may be granted entry into Finland from any country if they present:
- a certificate of a complete and valid vaccination series At least 7 days must have passed since the last vaccine dose has been received OR
- a single certificate that the person has recovered from covid-19 virus and has gotten one dose of valid vaccine. It is equated to a complete covid-19 vaccination series. OR
- EU digital COVID certificate that proves the person has recovered from covid-19 within 6 months.
The requirements above do not apply to Finnish citizens or permanent residents of Finland returning to Finland (e.g. persons who have registered the right of residence in Finland or with a residence permit granted by Finland).
Note that the negative covid test result does not grant entry alone for those traveling from outside of EU.
Note that travel to Estonia from outside of EU may be more relaxed with a negative test result only. So if you enter EU from Estonia, it may be easier then to continue to Finland. From Estonia you can travel to Helsinki by passenger boat (Tallink, Eckerö, travel time about 2 hours).
Some personal reasons for entry may also apply but will be decided on the border.
More information: https://raja.fi/en/guidelines-for-border-traffic-during-pandemic
We offer visa invitation to our conference under the following conditions:
- You have purchased a valid ticket to the conference
- Recommendation letter attached including purpose of visit attached by your employer / university / organizer of Biohacker Summit
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the conference date
- Visa duration valid for 1 week
We reserve the right to deny issuing a visa invitation without any explanation if we deem so feasible. We offer a full refund for your ticket up to 1 month before the event if you cannot proceed with the steps described above or if we deny your visa invitation request. We DO NOT issue a refund in any circumstance after we have issued you a visa invitation letter.
Our event is organized such that there is plenty of opportunities to network with other attendees. You also have the opportunity to interact with speakers after their talk and take selfies. The VIP lounge is for speakers, VIP, media and special guests only.
Our event website will list any available hotel and travel deals including the offers from our partners, if available. We suggest to stay in downtown as our events are in close proximity. Hotels.com and AirBnB both offer great deals.